Monday 2 February 2015

Does Assassins Creed need a break, My weekly round up.

Cut that shit out.
Today I'm writing all day, researching and getting ahead of myself.

Instead of having a mad four hours of Typing and Editing.

If you could see the shit I chop out of these.

I have two Reviews coming up which I'm going to try and post this week, One being Telltales Games Tales from the Borderlands and secondly Facepalm games ported puzzler The swapper.

Both currently in an 8 page ruff format of writing, the stage I hate the most.

So I've had a moderately busy week of game play.

I got drawn into EA's 75% off sale and brought the deluxe edition of Titanfall for £10, a huge fan of the original Modern Warfare its nice to see what Respawn Entertainment could think up in the style of a new accessible FPS.

Giant titans and parkour, love it.

Titanfail Parkour Edition.
I like the use of AI controlled grunts on the map, at first I was sceptical of the 8 vs 8 play style, thinking the maps where to big for such a small number of players but in reality I'm always in a fire-fight with someone be it a Titan, Pilot, Spectre or low level grunt.

You never feel like your doing awful as your always engaged with someone and killing grunts offers the same satisfaction as breaking a camping pilots neck after you wall run to his or her location.

There's nothing worse than joining a game late as a complete noob with seasoned players constantly dominating you as you die repeatedly. That makes for an unpleasant experience and a game getting shelved early in its life cycle.
26 hours more?

Also in game related news I finally beat Cellar Door Games wonderful title Rogue Legacy after 26 hours and 179 deaths, only to start New game + straight away and start the hunt for my next time consuming gold trophy, 'complete the game twice'! on it.

One major boss down and 150 levels up, I start my journey into the forest to hunt a giant orb spitting flame skull!

Saints Row IV has already been momentarily shelved whilst I obsesses about Titanfall some more.

Not intentionally, as its my Sunset overdrive replacement. Open world, over the top powers, aliens. dive in dive out game-play, still sounds like a good time to me.

The list of games I'm currently playing has shrunk down and grown at the same time.

Mine was Red and Green.
Assassins Creed Unity got traded in whilst it still retained value and turned into an Alt J vinyl I wanted, my thought process behind it was that 'I brought it for £20 at Christmas and it will be that cheap again', an impulse buy, same as the last 3 assassins games, I wanted to love them and make an effort to see them through to the end, I just lose interest very fast.

My question of the day 'Does Assassins Creed need to stop being an annual game and take some time to reboot what once was the best games of the year?'

Sales figures disagree with what I think as Unity was more popular than Edwards Pirate affair, but Unity was also broken as fuck whereas Black-flag worked straight out of the box, so now it just feels like there realising broken games to meet that deadline.

I never make it pass chapter 5, slightly bored and lost with the plot I never see them through to the end, that's what happened with Unity. One day my desire for a Assassins Creed game will be through the roof but nothing has ever come close to Assassins Creed 2's perfection.

I say it time and time again that I like to think I'm a very diverse player, I have my finger in many pies, I never truly sit in one camp when it comes to consoles.

I entered this dick measuring contest knowing I'd own all 3, which I've never done in my life, mainly down to always being broke as a teenager.

Also I don't think Wii U counts when it comes to the Xbone - PSKitkat fight.
Cops and robbers just got better!

I'll also be playing the Battlefield Hardline beta from tomorrow morning so expect a review of that to come in the same style as my Evolve and Halo 5 beta.

Hope your enjoying my blogs and don't be scared to follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/WinslowBateman

Add me on PSN - FI5HSTICKS_AGAIN

Xbox Gamertag - FI5H5TICKS

looking to meet new players on a daily basis to run through Saints Row IV on coop and dominate some Titanfall and Destiny Raids.Still!

Koi Koi

Caleb






No comments:

Post a Comment