Thursday 5 March 2015

Can the obvious Order 1886 sequel pull an Assassins Creed 2? The Order 1887 anyone?!

So today I finished The Order 1886.
I'm just going to stand and look cool as fuck.

It was one pretty game but I started to get strangely bored of the combat, hell, Id started to get a little tired of everything by the end of my 6-8 hour run through.

I was interested in the Characters, slightly intrigued into the story and what was unfolding around me and then all of sudden I lost it, It had started to feel like walk from pretty A to pretty B and kill swarms of dumb A.I Englishmen whilst crouching behind a chest high wall or pillar, so many fucking pillars.

This mechanic never normally fails me, Gears of War being a prime example, I couldn't get enough of Marcus Fenix and his adventure for steroids. Galahad on the other hand had the difficulty changed from hard to easy on the last few chapters just so I could churn through this crap fest and finish it.
We will hit you Galahad, you shit.

Not my proudest moment, but I wanted that Gold trophy and to see what it was all about. Id grown tired of rooms filling with shotgun toting Englishmen and wanted some form of closure.

Somewhere in the middle it all got a bit much for me and Galahad, when he decided it was rampage time around chapter 9. This is when the game started to get bit muddled up, until that point I was as happy as a pig in shit.

Lets hope the obvious sequel pulls an Assassins Creed 2 and blows every ones mind. The transition from AC to AC2 went from average game to amazing and really concreted my love for that game, until all the rest came out and my interest started to dwindle again.

What do I want to see? well luckily I made an average list of things I want, cause you know, my opinion is Law. ha
  • More Open World game play, Not a GTA V open world experience but I atlas want to feel like I'm making my mind up on how to get to my destination.
  • More London and less Catacombs.
  • Let me feel like a bad ass trained knight of the Order, not just a man that can drink a potion when he gets shot and feel better, that's almost as bad as a pat on the back.
  • Tracking Collectibles, I missed some, I don't know where or on what level so I have to play the whole game again to get the last 4 achievements and platinum the game, I'm not happy about this! 
  • More Lycans, You'll understand when you play the game.
  • A tiny bit more colour to the pallet please, was almost impossible to play the game with the light on.
  • More awesome science guns.
  • Customisable moustache and facial hair, also the ability to stop and groom or oil beard in mirrors.
The foundations have been played, a world created, characters introduced and a conspiracy at hand, so lets see what they can do next.
feel the sadness!

I have Faith, flashes of pure third person genius happened from time to time so whats stopping them from Acing their second outing. 

At first I couldn't see where the average reviews where coming from?! I thought it harsh to score such a pretty game a 65 Metacritic, but like life teaches you looks aren't everything. But as time went by it became more apparent as combat grew old and story less interesting.

All criticism aside though its the first game Ive finished in a long time, due to illness and my lack of concentration at the minute. My brief return to work for 3 weeks distracted me, only to be signed off by the doctors again thanks to a medication change that isn't happening very fast at all.

Also the music ends halfway through the credits, I wonder if they thought no one would be sad enough to sit through them all, well I am.

Never fear though! PlayStation plus is here to save the day with 3 free PS4 games, make that 4. Ive already finished the heart wrenching feels fest that is Valiant Hearts

Firstly we have the annoyingly addictive Olli Olli 2 Welcome to Olliwood, I'm worse than awful at this game but I can see it being right up my brothers street.

Tasty indeed.
Secondly we have the uber stylish archer look a like Counterspy, I'm excited for this one as I've wanted to play this game for quiet some time now.

Last but not least we have New n Tasty- Oddworld: Abes Odysee, It already reminds me of my childhood and trying to play the game with little success. 

So a packed month this time around for me as a PS4 owner, Lets see how many games I can finish this month and not just start them.

Manic Army

Caleb, ManicallyDepressed-ModeratelyFunny

Also remember to check out my YouTube content https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCllx1-z8fVljqoOqJ41iw-Q

No comments:

Post a Comment