Saturday 27 December 2014

Smash Time



Super Smash Bros made me buy a Wii U 

My Bro's self claimed 'King' title was enough to make me want to take it from him. The fact it's PURE concentrated fun also kick-started my love affair.

 His ability to tell me the buttons also went.

 The better I became the stronger his attack was until ''Didn't I tell you about the C stick" came up.
 No...!
 No he hadn't!

Unfortunately for me wanting to rule the world with Pikachu is a harsh reality, when you spend most of your time bashing B, right and zipping off the screen quicker than you can actually swear.

FRUSTRATION

Welcome Marth, (a new player enters the ring) he doesn't run off the map at every given chance this is my saving grace!

I still lose more than I care to admit but it was progress all the same and slowly but surely with lots of coffee and hours spent literally man screaming at Matt's TV (we'll introduce him later) I started to win every so often, when we finally left the Wii version to rest I was on a 3-0 win streak and the grin on my face was beginning to grow, becoming somehwht hard to contain with each win.

Sly remarks where casually dropped into day to day life pertaining to my Super Smash Bro winning streak and all I wanted to do was get better! I, on an impulse, bought a Wii U straight of the back of that experience and the desire to destroy at Smash Bros for Wii U continued!

TRAINING
First the 3DS practice came with lots of anger, I man mashed buttons and nothing seemed to fall gracefully into place like before I was losing...a lot. Fear began to creep up on me, I was getting too big for my boots and they're an adult size 13! No worries. 

Smash Bros Wii U release date creeps up under my nose and drops like a bomb. I currently don't remember buying the game at all a lot of November and December is awfully fuzzy as days blurred into weeks and all I had to remember to do was eat a pill when I started to go too fast at everything.

According to my milestones I've past 30 hours of practice and my certified 'This will be the game of Christmas 2014' award went to Smash Bros. I obsessed, when you have no time frame to complete anything in and no reason to wash, eat or sleep you can play games for a long time but distraction therapy is good therapy. I wasn't thinking about hurting myself or the fact I'm too sick to work or drive.

It mattered to me to hit a fucking punching bag exactly between 500 -505 metres to get a challenge and all my Dad could do was sit and watch me twitch more and break a little inside but I did it and then I had some Larazopam - shout out to that drug! It calms you down a fucking treat when your trying to run a stationary marathon without blinking.

Enter Matt, he has been named, if he ever reads this he/ll be amazed but I'm sure he will be supportive in telling me no one will read my ramblings, mostly because I wear this most fantastic Smash crown at the minute.

 First round fires up..
 I'm excited,
 He bought his GameCube controller to the party,
 This was going to be a laugh!

ROUND 1

  • . Kirby VS Zero Suit Samus.


Beautiful!
I hunt him relentlessly and drop him in a quick stock 10 lives match 3 left intact however I'm complaining about the lag on the buttons on my controller and he's scratching his head at the fact he lost to Kirby (I love that pink blob). I want to say the last match we had was Little Mac VS a version of Mario but I really can't remember, I do however remember the quote...

 " Frustratingly I'm not trying to lose this much" - Matt

Lets just say it sits at 6-0 and I have hat hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment