Monday 29 December 2014

The Continued Adventures of Shovel Knight..........and Caleb


Chronicle One-
McShovels the Shovel Knight
                          I added Shovel Knight to my list of 'Games on the go' list. This being a Christmas treat...which ended up with me getting so frustrated with it I had to take a lorazapam to calm me down.


Chronicle Two-
27/12/14 5.00 pm

I start with the EXPLORATORIUM, Lair of Plague Knight.
1085 coins in my man purse and 7 orbs of health.

Yacht Club Games Logo
The time is 5.11pm -These rats can jump, its not even been 30 seconds and I've lost 2 orbs of health......Explosion, there's a bird mock shitting on me with exploding vials of death.
More jumping rats and 2 orbs of health left.Good job Yacht Club Games made a pretty game or my 3DS would be leaving via window.

I expertly manoeuvre a small trial and claim some sheet music, this consisted of me jumping on a moving block, not rocket science but this is Shovel Knight and even simple things aren't that simple.
Checkpoint, I eat some Chicken which makes McShovels full of beans 6 orbs remaining now.

As I see some multi coloured vials I remember why I put this down last time,Timed jumps and flying cat monsters are coming at me, already stressed and its attempt 1. I time them well and get through, 2 orbs left.

2 flying cat heads come at me, 1 dropped with magic the other with a flurried and lucky shovel drop, I see a carrot.Consume it, Checkpoint.

I miss time my jump and this shitting bird costs me 680 man purse coins. ( 1 )
Again with death.. (2)
I luck the fuck out and try and kill this giant bird but you cant,  I fall to safety and see a checkpoint, nearly halfway and only 2 deaths. Not Bad!

Yeti wizard thing
OHHHHHHH shit a Wizard! Turns out he's not a wizard he's a dick, a giant Yeti dick. Didn't see that (3) and it stinks of yeti shit, 500 man purse coins lost. I will do this its only been 20 minutes.
transformation coming.Death follows

5.30pm- I shovel yeti shit once again.(4)
Attempt 3 and I overcome, Relief..... for now.

Checkpoint, I see a Chicken, hopes are on the up.....I CANT GET IT.It stands out of reach, even in death it mocks me.Instant Annoyance.
I get killed by a knight (5) and re mocked by the chicken I cant get.
Schooled that Knight this time around.
Flaming pots and coloured vials 

Another Checkpoint, after some horrible flaming pot jumps I see a Slug Knight! I smile, I wonder if ill eat Trident in a minute,Nope! 1 shovel jump and he's dead. I feel sad for Slug Knight, I feel he deserved more.
I see a dinner tray....................Apple, I have full health but that's not the point.
I quickly deal with 2 Slug Knights and progress to the next room health intact.
Dive bombing to Slug Knights is nothing to me now, I boss through them and kill some bird man as
well in true Knight style.

5.50pm- Checkpoint. I have 2 orbs, Fuck.
BOSS . Lets just say Plague knight ain't got shit on me, I feel good,
More.
I will play more.
A strange boss on my journey back to the village.I die, I did not expect this (6)(7)(8)
Attempt 4 and I beat this prick, he gives me a song sheet (500 extra man purse coin) and minor frustration.

Rayman chest
6.00pm- Some gem run appears and it reminds me of the bastard teeth chests in Rayman, but I do it first time so alls okay.8630 man purse coins, 3 music sheets sold which brings me to 10130 man
purse coins.
I want to go pimp something Knight.

Current life time Stats;24 Deaths-2.21;34 playtime.

Cant help but feel like this might play nicer on WII u?!, 3DS thumb stick cant handle my fat stubby thumbs.
I hit the Armor Outpost and swap play coins for man purse coins which brings my total to 11530
Shovel Knight cracks a joke, I laugh. Toader on the other hand doesn't. Grump.

Mr Hat, Hat Addict
I loan 3000 man purse coins to 3 players in a shop which turns  Mr Hat (the shop keeper) into an evil hat obsessed wizard.I Love this game, for now that is.(9)
Death via Mr Hat, not again though. he just hungers for my hat, which turns out to be my helmet.13530 man purse coins, on a roll now.My Armor gets pimped and allows me to drop half gold.Yes.Also 2 Shovel upgrades, a hefty charged shovel wack and the ability to smash piles of dirt in one hit. 3530 man purse coin left.

(10)

Baz Knight
Baz Knight. I mean what the fuck!

(11)(12)(13)

Finally Baz is dead, I thought that would have been it for today but I carry on.
6000 Man purse coins later I have 8 orbs of health.Like Rogue Legacy, slowly it gets easier as you
get more equipped for the fight and then it gets even harder.Sweet Progression.

6.40pm- I feel like I've made a lot of progress and I'm not that stressed today, 70 man purse coins left

IRON WHALE-Lair of Treasure Knight. Lets do this!

Checkpoint.Breath
Now I can dig throw shells, water level. so beautiful. the music some what reminiscent of chemical zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.Currently using shells as artillery to knock out knights.
Checkpoint.long fish thing appears out of nowhere, I feel my death counts about to grow.
(14)That Jump
(15)Roof spikes, Instadeath.
(16)long fish pushes me off the edge

Things are looking back on track as
I found an apple 8 orbs.Checkpoint.
Giant Chest, turns out to be one of those giant lamp fish (17)(18)(19)

7.00pm- I'm starting to die.............. a lot!
(20)(21)(22)(23)
Lamp Fish!Killer.

I finally fight the stupid lamp fish! ahhhhhhhhhh fuck
(24)(25)(26)(27)(28)
I manoeuvre the level like the back of my hand, pre jumping to spots the map hasn't even revealed yet I'm that confident.Killed it! Kirby Style.Checkpoint(29)(30)(31)(32)(33)

Checkpoint- Only 19 deaths to get 4 checkpoints in. First jump(34)(35)(36)(37)(38)(39)(40)
So close. (41)(42)(43)(44)(45)

I'm out  7.21pm 

No comments:

Post a Comment