Friday 2 January 2015

Shovel Knight 4 - McShovel Knights Revenge


Why Revenge you ask?

Well truth be told I thought it sounded cool, as I flip up my 3DS lid I see that fucking anchor staring back at me once again.


The Anchor and the Sea urchin., book available now.
5.17pm - I don't see this session lasting past an hour, what if I back out and come back to this level at a later date?That's failure I'm sure of it 
Positive thinking,I'm going to do this. Where was i?
I believe death count (45)
its crunch time, lets do this.

I go in positive and when I shovel drop some sea urchin he throws me down a hole (46)
FUCK, this did not happen yesterday. Have I lost it already.That was my first jump and everything.
ONWARDS! I shout in true knight style.
The same happens again, can I not shovel drop this guy? (47)

I kill some vampire looking twat after shovel dropping the sea urchin, No I don't learn lessons.Hence why my patience is so low.I cruise along on some rocket trying to smash doors open, shovel I mean. I'm to late and it slides me to death number (48)

5.26pm - Its been 9 minutes I walk off the anchor (49) I'm thinking the 'Try another world' idea is the best option now but I'm to far in to back out now. 342 man purse coins and I walk of that stupid rocket again.This is painful.
I CAN do this, i get further than ever before all I need to do is remember to jump when the rocket stops (50)

That's defiantly an achievement unlocked for dying 50 times and still playing 

(51) To eager to get across this time as i jump straight into the side of a floating anchor and die again.
I pilot through like I've done it 20 times before and checkpoint 5 is mine for the taking, never doubted myself one bit!


Defiantly looks like a big daddy spawn 
BOSS -- TREASURE KNIGHT talks gems and my presence as I sharpen my shovel blade, I'm already spending him and i haven't even finished hearing what he has to say.One would say I'm slightly over confident

5.39pm - He's now telling me the whole sea is at stake.All I can think is he looks like a Big Daddy from Bioshock, fucker even has a giant hook shot for a hand. More Bioshock references chime in my head.
Sand Penis shock wave comes flying at me, I'm laughing. 4 orbs down and he was 5 left, bet I die first.
Treasure Knight or Big Daddy ?
Mother fucker just threw a chest at me and now I'm stuck in it, luckily 4 me i still have 4 1/2 orbs of health left and he only has 1. Sweet Sweet Death for TREASURE KNIGHT the final blow delivered as I float jump half the map riding my trusty shovel straight into his face. I'm beginning to think i find the levels a lot harder than the actual boss fights.

LOST CITY - lair of Mole Knight or Knuckle Quarry?!
Looks like ill be trying McKnuckles first, all i see is gems and no boss! (52) Think ill try my hand at Mole Knights place, all i could do was fall into a fiery bit and die as what looked like Bojack horseman laughed at my demise

5.51pm - This level looks like a mine, well suited for a Mole Knight I guess. 
I twattishly try and jump on a fiery blob and guess what happens? I get burnt, looks like its shovel whacking time and not my trusty shovel drop. Fiery drops from the ceiling turn flubber blobs into fiery blob's.


Thanos loves Shovel Knight
Oh my god there's what I can only describe as what looks like a scarecrow wearing a horses head running around, DEFIANTLY whacking that scary shit dead as soon as I can.I was hoping when I fell through the floor there would be a checkpoint but instead I'm greeted by a giant beetle swimming in lava, I bounce on its back as i dodge lava falling from the ceiling (most defiantly an instant death) in fact its not instant death as I eat lava for dinner before getting through to the next part of the level, PRAYING for a checkpoint I'm greeted by Thanos and a giant staff that shoots fire.Have I gone passed a check point yet and not remembered?

6.02pm - I slide down a side wall and eat some chicken, 8 orbs of health now i should be able to boss Thanos now. I shoot him dead with fire from a cross the map, is this the checkpoint I've been waiting for? FUCK yea it is!I celebrate this achievement by smashing a pile of dirt with my trusty shovel only to be greeted by a giant gold mole whacking me in the face and running out of the level, I think that's the game to tell me to calm the fuck down its only dirt.
Dust Knuckle Location
I jump straight into a beetles but and fly into lava (53) I re-evaluate the situation and pre shoot the beetle in the butt with fire only to be thrown into lava this time by a tadpole (54) I kill all three this time just to be safe, I jump over a jousting knight as I'm terrified of those guys and run straight of screen, Checkpoint 2. BAM!
Probably shouldn't have shovel jumped on the block I'm standing on, this cave is slowly starting to smell like death around every corner (55) Death is swift this time as i figure out the puzzle on to shovel jump on another block and watch the level crumble away as I'm greeted by my old friend fiery lava. (56)

I just brought Dust Knuckles from a man that jumped out of a chest, excellent.
These things are insane, I find 2000 man purse coins in the room I buy them in then its checkpoint 3 for Caleb ....oh and Shovel Knight.


Flubber Basketball Anyone?
This green slime that falls from the ceiling can only be described as flubber! I look like the basketball scene from Flubber only in Shovel Knight armor.I think there's a path in front of me and I run straight down a hole (57) I then miss time my flubber jump and that's (58) 

6.33pm - I time it well and get through many flubber based puzzles to then shovel jump down a hole into a whole room that explodes, I NEED to stop shovel jumping into rooms (59) I smash up a guy that look's like Thanos again and celebrate with more chicken, Checkpoint 4 

If I've learnt anything about +Yacht Club Games Shovel Knight its that Checkpoint 4 to 5 is quitting territory. Let's test that theory!I luck the fuck out and get through that fiery beetle ride from hell and checkpoint 5 is in my reach, I spot the hidden chicken in the dinosaurs face and get ready to boss up.

Mole Knight, He fat. he tells me I'm out of my depth, HE MOCKS THE SHOVEL! looks like moles on the menu tonight. He's quick but I'm quicker. Mole curry anyone?
My house for Mole Knight Curry?



  

No comments:

Post a Comment