Friday 9 January 2015

Jumping into bed with an old friend - One Man's tale of his 'Destiny'

My dear old friend.
Today I jumped into bed with an old friend, all over a free gift, this friend being Destiny.

Now I came back to Destiny a few weeks ago suitably pumped at the idea of new strike maps, that alone was reason to throw another 60 hours of my life away, a few more hours running repetitive maps killing spooky Vex or clobbering the mole men looking Cabal in the face with my gauntlets named ' No Backup Plans '.

But this time I had a back up plan, only to have my heart broken by 3 awfully short missions, 1 strike map and a fusion rifle which I dismantled straight away, then realising the error of my ways, fucking myself with level progression as everything was in ' Urn* ' mode.

Molex watch anyone?!
*Urn mode being Bungie's way of getting you to shoot lots of enemies with a fusion rifle, collecting there ash in your urn, in return levelling your urn up for Xur, Xur being the weekend gypsy that turns up with rare trinkets like that Molex watch you always wanted.

The reason why I head back today is for a gift, a gift Bungie emailed me to say had arrived with a love heart at the end, what cool fucking ladies and gentlemen they are. My last gift was a sparrow that's ' Better ' than my old one, this one having flames on the side.

Now any reason to get me past the laughable level of 28, My Titan was once a fierce warrior in the crucible for the first two weeks of release, all the passion I thought had died with the multi player experience back with a vengeance, now standing high and dry in the tower counting unspent Glimmer, celebrating Christmas alone. Remember when we spent Halloween wearing pumpkin heads? I do!

My experience somewhat ruined by the fact I have no friends to buddy up with, No chatter whilst running weekly nightmare strikes and this daring ' Raid ' I've heard so much about but never played,
things I'd like to experience but haven't been so lucky to as of yet.

So I jump into my Valkyrie 05X and head back to the Postmaster to see what it's all about.

On my way I remember happy hours stood in front of players dancing trying to get there attention in the hope they'd invite me to run a weekly challenge and get some ' Strange Coins* ' to spend on Molex watches,

What a strange coin.
*Strange coins being Xur's strange currency to buy those rare trinkets, Molex watch anyone?!

A legendary pulse rifle named the Coiled Hiss is what I receive, sounds like a cock.

My hands remembering the controls and getting in the ever comfortable ' Kill mode ', straight away that hunger to play becomes apparent to me, all in the name of a legendary helmet I can't seem to find, Halting altogether my progression to level 29 and beyond.

Why?! Because I love jumping into bed with destiny after a few weeks off, It's excellent, It's stable, It's fun. be it 20 minutes or 10 hours, the time flies by, always looking for something new, grinding for more gear to make that nightmare run possible, buddying up for that raid experience I mentioned before.

A community, a bunch of close friends, hell even strangers, making everything possible from the comfort of your home.

They took what they new and they delivered, Metacritic users may disagree with over 4000 ratings calling it the worst game ever made with a score of 0 out of 10.

Now I thought the worst game ever made was Atari's landfill surprise E.T?

Not impressed.
So what, the content may have gotten old over time but so does everything!

Hell I played 17 days worth of Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare online, that experience was repetitive as shit, but it never changed the experiences we created with it, we are just spoilt for choice these days.

Have we all forgotten that 14 years ago this wasn't possible? in the 7 years since my Call of Duty 4 days the whole experience has gotten bigger and better on a massive scale.

So appreciate, be patient. Enjoy the little things, because that's what we are working towards. the basic mechanical of a death match will never change just the quality of the content inside of it.

This pulse rifle being the content,  meaning that when I jump into bed with Destiny again it will be exciting all over again.

Koi Koi

Caleb.

Plus if anyone wants to add my PSN it's

FI5H5TICK5_AGAIN

I wanna play Destiny!





No comments:

Post a Comment