Saturday 3 January 2015

The Larazopam Diaries - The Tales of One frustrated Gamer

As a man-child in his mid 20's I'm known for my love of Videogames by friends and family.
I wanted to love you, I really did!

I've said before that the only real games that I really struggle to pick up and play in any sense is the popular 'Fighting' Game genre (except Super Smash Bros as that's 3 buttons) the only combination I ever seem to remember is palm mash x when enemy or friend is on the floor, hardest part being getting them to fall down in the first place.

One other particular weakness....... Platform games which rely on pinpoint precision, accuracy and multiple repetitive attempts at small sections of game play due to lack of check/save point.

Also fearing the dreaded count down of lives in most Nintendo games, Currently stressing over Toad's inability to do anything apart from run really really slow.

I want to love you Super Meat Boy, I really did!
So being the clever apple I am I've decided to do a series of Short/long blogs depending on weather I can keep my cool playing  those types of VideoGames therefore challenging myself to play games until the bitter end before I mindlessly buy another one, Because you know 'Man-child'

I have a small list of games I currently own but haven't played or continued to play because the difficulty curve is way to high, Shovel Knight being first on my list.

If I wasn't blogging about it then I wouldn't have got past the third world, getting too stressed with it and stopping all together leaving it on that bookshelf of 'Come back to titles' you never go back to.

I think because I'm currently playing in short 2 hour bursts therefore thinking about it I feel I'm getting somewhere.
I wanted to love you Hotline Miami, I really did!

One of these shelved games I currently own is the widely loved Hotline Miami, I broughtit on PS4 after hearing good things, not knowing to much about it I dove straight in, later realising 200 deaths later and one door to many being shot through this game wasn't for me

Now doing this Blog I want to try and go back and do it again.

The current list of Hellish games I'll be trying to play our

  1. Spelunky - PS4
  2. Hotline Miami - PS4
  3. The Binding of Isaac, Rebirth - PS4
I'm going to love you! I really will!
My attention being as short as it .............. Ball, I mean Is id love to see If I could finish any of them due to the raw POWER blogging

Also now knowing ill be secretly judged!

I will try and break it down into the newly named:

 Larazopam Diaries, The Tales of a Frustrated Gamer

 In the same vain as Shovel Knight which I'm currently documenting my adventures.

The games stress rating will be judged by the amount of stress induced anxiety drugs I have to take whilst playing. 1 being for every 4 hours of Game Play leaving you with a general over view of just how stressful these games are.

I'll try make it look like fun, Promise.

Kirby Style

Caleb






No comments:

Post a Comment