Friday 23 January 2015

I'm finishing games, It's that bad!

Today I text my Dad,
'I'm so broke. I'm finishing games, It's that bad'
This made me giggle, so much so I picked up a crayon and started to scribble on my bedroom wall

I needed this game so bad! I used this image
a lot to sum up my feelings around that time.
Now I'm one of those people that 'NEEDS' everything.

Always release day, never after. Because that would mean that I'm missing something important, I feel like I cant play FarCry 4 any more after 9 hours because its old news.

This is okay when your working and have money, but not acceptable behaviour when you have no money to your name.

I always have a healthy pile of games I play depending on my mood, spanning over 4 formats, triple AAA titles all the way down to indie games, like Mount your Friends, this amazingly intense title costing £0.59 on my Xbox 360, many a gathering has seen that game in full swing.

My main thought is, do other people do this?

Do you buy one game and play it till its old news?, then start another? or do you stack a pile to the ceiling, dipping your toes in each one, but never quite settling down?

I have a tendency to do the latter, every so often one game gets worn down enough that its finished, but normally I get to the 25% mark and swap to something else, demoting the previously Favorited game to the bottom of the pile.
I'm starting to catch up.

So today I've managed to finish Halo Combat Evolved, Flower and Dust.

This is more than I normally clear in a good month.

The only games that normally see completion without interruption are RPG'S, Dragon Age Inquisition being the last major title that got fully worked over in a ten day, 125 hour massacre that I don't really fully remember.
All I do know is every mission got finished, the only thing keeping me from getting that platinum trophy was the fact I finished it on hard and not nightmare difficulty, Balls!

Trophies and Achievements play a big part in my diet, It sounds bad but it keeps me going at a point I would normally call it quits, Nothing screams 'Hey guys we got a champion' like a platinum trophy or an 87000 gamer-score, yes mine is that high.

That hunt and grind for pointless achievements has slowed down over the past 3 years but its still a very real driving factor for me, playing games to completion is rewarded by fake numbers and gold! I love that
Nintendo trophies like this! Super cute, also just Mario Trophy.

It sounds silly but I wish Nintendo had introduced some reward system to show off those in game achievements, things we should be proud to show people, I know there's competitive leaderboards and friends lists but that's not the same, I want more numbers and gold etched to the side of my name!I want to display my accolades like a true gamer.

Telling and seeing are to very different things, I can tell people I'm an elite sniper on the latest Call of Duty, but when they see my name 'x-uLtImAtESNIPZ360-x they WILL know I mean business!

Is it just me that feels this way about a number or metal? It makes me want to explore a game multiple times when someone can see that I've beaten that game, Like shovel knight! no body knows that, defiantly going on my C.V, I could have made it all up, check my Instagram, there's a picture of me crying next to a completion screen.
This appears every time I finish a game.

Back to the worry at hand, Finishing Games!

I've finished more games in the past month, all of multiple difficulties spanning from the beautiful Flower to the near impossible at times, Shovel Knight.

The godfather Halo to 50cc of Mario Kart 8 fun.

The time killer Dragon Age Inquisition to the super addictive Hyrule warriors.

Another accolade only documented by picture, 100000 kills on Hyrule Warriors, again see my Instagram.

I'm going to make an internet tally of games on that pile

Colours and Characters.
  1. Bayonetta 2.
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2.
  3. Captain Toad - Treasure Tracker
  4. The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker HD.
  5. Pokemon - Alpha Sapphire.
  6. Bravely Default.
  7. The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.
  8. Halo 2.
  9. Halo 3.
  10. Halo 4 - The Master Chief Collection, is that 1 or 4?
  11. FarCry 4.
  12. Assassins Creed Unity.
  13. Rogue Legacy - STILL!
  14. The Swapper.
  15. Infamous - First Light.
  16. Hotline Miami.
  17. Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris.
  18. Velocity.
Holy Fuck it's under 20, when I started this blog it was sitting at 34, Its worse than I thought.

Koi Koi 

Caleb.



No comments:

Post a Comment