Sunday 4 January 2015

Shovel Knight 5 - Breaking the trend

Another Cryptic name, why ?
Getting it done

Because its 10.00 am and I'm going to have a little session now as I'm really enjoying my time with Shovel Knight, Death's and all! I've put some Slipknot on as this is music you get things done too.

Where to next then?

Well all I can do is walk into the ENCHANTRESS, she chats shit about trying to persuade the Evil named BLACK KNIGHT to join the order ,

 I chime in with a " What the Shovel Fuck " and she float runs away.

12 rounds it is then.
Now the BLACK KNIGHT wants to go 12 rounds.
Obliged, I Knock the Knight out in one quick round.
I thrust my Shovel in the air to show I am the mightiest of knights, never corrupted by the evil, just fighting for what's right. like the 1500 man purse gold I just received via direct debt. even evil people bank, who'd have thought it.



The Adventure is go!
Said catapult, Horse and song sheet

So I jump out of the level like I said I'd stop doing and land in a catapult, yes that random, Which flings me too some distant land.

I grab a song sheet, so I'm okay with this current turn of events. Apparently its all thanks to a horse who loves Ballistic Physics! The more you know and all that, Holy shit, it flung me from the Village to the Armor Outpost, DECENT!


5000 Man purse coin please



I continue my adventure to the Hall of Champions, sounds expensive. 5000 man purse coins to enter?! I give the odd looking duck princess the middle Shovel finger and be on my merry way.

I go see my trusty Shovel Smith to upgrade McShovels
 "You now hold in your hands the ultimate Shovel blade"  Shovel Smith                                   
 I laugh Shovel MAD with all this power at my fingertips, if only I could get some down time,I'd shovel build the best sand castle the world has ever seen!

10.39 am - CLOCKWORK TOWER - lair of the Tinker Knight.

First thoughts on this world, lots of cogs, lots of treadmills of death. Clock work death comes to mind. 59 deaths and leaving on a high note probably won't come from this world, It already looks evil and I'm just standing in reception.
Deadmaus

Clock work Mice are today's enemy of choice, Fucking Brilliant! I'm also greeted by a wizard who casually starts throwing cogs at me, I just jump straight over the cogs and Shovel smash him to death.

I'm kissed by one of these evil flying cat head things and that's death number (60) and back to the start of the level again.

I get straight back to my flying dead loot to claim it my own once again, I assess the situation wrong, bouncing off the ceiling and straight into death (61) 

I boom straight through the level remembering every enemy and every trap, I make the jump and claim my man purse coins and climb a ladder to claim checkpoint 1, a sigh of relief as its done.

Isaac 
As I climb straight up some ladder I see Isaac from Dead Space shooting shit at me from across the map. I bounce on his head to claim an instant kill, staring out the other Isaac across the map.

I decide to leave him to it as I climb up a ladder some rockets fly past me, I'm lucky I don't get hit by one.At the top of the ladder I'm welcomed by a Jousting Knight! I run away like the hardcore coward I am, health a major issue now, not to worry I see some chicken .... and lots of timed jumps and death.

I get the gut feeling I'll be standing here again in 5 minutes time (62)

As I foresaw I'm greeted by death and a puzzling amount of jumps, treadmills and rockets flying around, I'm going to raise my stress level to a 4.

Part Shovel Knight part rocket salad.
(63) Spikes for dinner this time as I'm not so lucky and eat rocket salad.

I cruise through this time moving to get a better position on this floating piece of wood, I nudge left to get more centred, centred straight into a fucking hole (64)

The rocket makes quick work of me this time as I'm the key ingredient to a nice rocket salad (65)

I DO IT! I get through, I see Checkpoint 2. To celebrate my success I jump straight down a hole in the ground, my heart sinks (66)

11.09 am - Just over an hour in and I've hardly progressed. I want this clockwork twat dead so badly now.

(67) Another rocket jump, another rocket salad. Stress level 5 and rising. Maybe my evening session will be more productive as I'll be a little calmer.

I kill the Joust Knight this time just to prove I can, lets see if I can get this checkpoint now. I DO. Checkpoint 2, my more aggressive play style pays off.... for now

Candy cock
There are some horrible looking things that look like giant candy canes which you get stuck too and drag you along, As an optimist all I see is stress, I walk into the room. It crushes me (68) 

Eaten by a flying Cat head (69) 


I fuck the cat head up then figure out the puzzle, I celebrate by jumping on some nearby spike (70) 


I go to jump on this candy cock and miss, hello familiar hole (71)

11.26 am - 11 Deaths in this world so far! HARDCORE, I persevere.

I correct all the mistakes I made this time, I fight off 3 Jousting Knights then climb a ladder to safety.
Checkpoint 3 waves at me. I go give it a sweet high 5 and remember it wasn't all for nothing.

I kill another Isaac and run straight for the ladder, The level now throws a complete curve ball at me. Not only do I have to jump and climb a lot the floor is also rising and rockets are flying at me from across the map. I'm then reminded of the key ingredient to an excellent rocket salad (72) 

I die once again, nothing special this time (73)

More of the level is revealed to me as a progress higher (74)

I'm to slow to the party this time and the rocket's celebrate with out me (75)

This time I jump to death out of pure fear (76)

I do it. I surprise myself. I was honestly about to call it quits as 16 DEATHS is to many, 4 orbs of health and a boss, I know I'll die but I'll kill him second time round.
I find the hidden boss Chicken, it mocks me once again by being out of my reach.

BOSS - Tinker Knight 
A small problem

"Just work on letting me pass little friend"

 I calmly say before it all kicks off. He runs from left to right panicking, I make SMALL work of him. Long live Shovel Knight
WHAT ?!

He's a fucking massive robot now, I take all above back and death (77)
Mines bigger than yours
Lets pray full health helps me this time, 8 orbs, beast mode engaged. death. again.(78)

I kill him this time, not one hit to my sweet Shovel Armor, now for that Robot!Lucky bounce and the robots dead!

I head back to the village for a breather and to hand in some song sheets to this lunatic, I visit the witch to see some of my stats 94 total deaths, Jesus I wouldn't have guessed so many.

6.38:35 Total play time, I call that break time.
'

No comments:

Post a Comment