Monday 12 January 2015

Shovel Knight 9 - Silence

It's quiet today as I revisit McShovel's after a few days off. The power of this blog carrying me through to what I can only describe as 'The last few runs'

Toader, 8 bit disapproval.
I try and cash in on a cheap laugh by joking to Toader, he shakes his head disapprovingly, determined I try another 5 times, Silence, with that silence in mind I start my slow walk to the TOWER OF FATE

As I rock up to the entrance it's green sky and wizards for breakfast, I walk on past witnessing a scary reminder that this game wants me dead in the form of pit jumping fish, as you time that precise jump they spring out at the half way point normally flinging you to your death, I turn up the anti and shovel bash him into orbit reminding him I'm the knight, him mear castle fodder I must crush.

I think a book is bouncy. I run straight to my death (117), the game not even trying then, me doing all the work.

The mistake this time is propeller mice feet to the teeth (118), still fucking adorable I must say.

I get through the next room and all I have to do is shovel bash 6 flying mice and make a dash across a flying platform to another ladder, Checkpoint 1 nearly in view?!

Google images picture of a Griffon.
I realise the error of my ways, the platforms to far away! I think I need to shovel drop the mice, bouncing my way over to the ladder, starting well I bounce to my death (119)

I fall again this time getting lucky and landing on a platform below, I've started these final two assaults dreading what's to come every step of the way, Instead of checkpoint I get giant griffon battle, another huge 'fuck you' from the game right there.

I defeat the bird and again there's no checkpoint, 1 orb of health left now due to it also raining fire and breathing fire at the same time, wizard walking into view.

My brain hurts.

Turns out I'm lucky and my final 3 fire blasts connect, setting Mr wizard ablaze, please, surely that's checkpoint 1, Oh sweet Jesus, I couldn't care what happens now!
Ohhhhh your my best friend, in a world we must defend.

Huge lie, I'm massively intimidated by this little game.

I dash through making quick work of these moving walls only to hesitate at the last jump and get crushed (120) 


2 DAYS LATER


I leave it two days, I've been playing Xbox One games all night but I remember the horrors I'm about to re-encounter.

Ah old faithful knight crusher how I had forgot about your sweet existence, but I can't play Pokemon Alpha Sapphire or use my 3DS as a super smash controller, curse you tiny Knight!

I jump at the wall like a right fucking idiot (121), I feel to weak, playing this game today is testing as I jump straight down a hole again, no longer in control like before (122), I over jump this time forgetting the lay out (123), (124), (125), (126) half way along and it's slowly coming back to me (127) 

As I get further than ever before my most favourite Knight appears, Sir Joust Knight the 83rd

I nudge forward to attack, the corner of a ceiling crushing the corner of my tiny shovel head, FUCK. (128), (129)

Not one but two Joust Knights war horned into oblivion.

Checkpoint, stress levels in the dangerzone!

That dangerzone hype.
Two samurai guards run at me, what the fuck, I reach for my war horn and kill them both with my fishing rod?!

Checkpoint 3 in my view, I try not to rush to fast, my eagerness putting me in a bed of spikes once again. (130) 

This time I drift on through and bring it on back, quickly finding my shovel groove and checkpoint 3. Fuck yea shovel groove!

The back drop is a green rainy sky of lightning, as my knightly outline powers across a dark bridge shadowing me to any foe, I dare you to stand in my way, power at my finger tips, 3DS covered in sweat I make quick work of anything that stands in my way.

Green doom.
As I travel further I come to realise I cant actually see a fucking thing, I jump to the outlined platform.(131)

Ahead of me,  it hits me in the face like a BRICK, the rain isn't bouncing of this plat.........

'Not again fake platform' I shout as I run to checkpoint, hugely relaxed compared to the awful 1-2 stretch recently finished.

Awful!

BLACK KNIGHT you evil son of a bitch, It's another boss fight. Match 3, ding ding. Let's do this.

The ENCHANTRESS finally revealing to me that BLACK KNIGHT is acting of his own accord

The Dark Knight.
Oh shit the ENCHANTRESS just dropped him, Hard!

Turns out he ain't hurt that bad as he runs across the map at me, Time to shovel this bitch up.

Turns out he's as hard as balls, now being able to fly, Is this the ENCHANTRESS's doing?! Is she in control of him making him have some super human knightly strength?

Apple sauce bitch

Sob story, BLACK KNIGHT's also trying to save SHIELD KNIGHT, I don't care!

There's a reason why the games called Shovel Knight.

148 Deaths    11.25:51



No comments:

Post a Comment