Wednesday 14 January 2015

Shovel Knight 10 - Crunch Time

I wake up deciding it's crunch time, I fire up Shovel Knight for what looks like might be my last recorded journey, Doubt it though!

Troupple King.
I'm sure the game won't give up that easy.

I have tear's in my eyes as I enter the final world, before that I visit the Troupple pond to fill my Troupple chalice with my Ichor of renewal, 2 that is!

Full health and magic for what might be a tough fight to come, good job, I forget about them till now, this might have been slightly easier had I remembered before hand.

THE TOWER OF FATE: ASCENT

Everything in this room is covered in spikes, great.

As I jump off this platform, down through a gap in the floor an eel appears.Wonderful, invisible enemies, now everything is under water making jumps slow and deaths even slower, after writing I decide to slow motion jump on a platform only to have it quick motion slam me into a spikey ceiling.(132) 

The same happens again (133) I see this timing annoying me a lot today. (134) (135) 
I couldn't find anyone eating lava, so here's lava

I make it through one room, bouncing on a jelly fishes head and into another, 4 quick deaths just like that, I accidentally drink a Troupple chalice to add insult to injury,

1 more just to be sure (136)

I run through that dreaded start,navigating it well, Bumping fists with checkpoint 1 on my way.

I eat lava (137)

No more water this time, just mice, lava and timed jumps into the open arms of joust knights

I rely on my war horn to clear half the room, mice also in the process (138) Yum, lava AGAIN! (139)

I change the location, I decide to blast my war horn this time dealing with all the enemies and mice in the process, bring on room number 2.

I navigate through a maze of flubber and fire stumbling across checkpoint 2 in the room next door, death follows as I fall from a vomit statue and eat lava for breakfast.(140)

I war horn a man out of fear of losing, I end up in a pit of doom. (141) (142) 
Accurate depiction of Mr Ninja.

I take out Mr Ninja horn style and some guy using the wind stick thing from Super Smash Bros soon after, new territory, new Caleb. Let's die some more

Checkpoint 3! Breath, only spikes and treadmills in front of you, nothing that bad. I wonder how soon I'll die after saying that, 15 seconds later. (143)

The run between 3-4, the hardest part, always. Great! (144)

I run at a wall covered in spikes, not sure why? (145) 

One miss jump and that's death, I believe the checkpoint to be at the top of this, I can feel it in my shovel bones.(146) spiked again. (147) I grunt at the game, rather annoyed, (148) (149) Spiked..... again!(150)
150 Cake.

I get to the part I was originally stuck on and die once again, none the wiser. I have no idea what I need to do. (151) (152) (153) (154) (155)

I cant figure this puzzle the fuck out (156) (157) (158) Still no clue, I get to the same familiar spot and die.

I luck out and navigate a path through a horrible obstacle of enemies, exact cuts through a path of blocks, navigating me from top to bottom, as the level closed in on me, every miss jump and error meaning certain death, that being said I bump chests with checkpoint 4. BOSS BATTLE!

I fall into a room with every other boss knight in the game sitting around, there all sharing dinner and stories of death. One smart ass pipes up and challenges me to a fight, all the rest chime in and agree, guess it's a Royal rumble.

Polar Knight makes me eat snow shovel (159) 

Now I start off fighting Bioshock Knight, this time then coming at me in a different order, I finish him off and eat some chicken, King Knight decides it's time, I celebrate his death by eating more chicken.

Polar Knight kills me once again, (160) I should say that the spikey floor kills me in fact, not the Icey prick (161) and again with the snow shovel!

Tint knight first then Spectre Knight, I think I need to beat them all to progress! Shit.

This time I decide to make a list I beat them in:

Tiny Knight
Spectre Knight
Tell me about it.
Snow Knight
King Knight
Bioshock Knight
Knight that throws pots

Death. (162) so close. (163) (164)

I'm calling break time!

I continue this mammoth task 2 days later, praying that time is on my side as well as luck.

I beat them all, It's all left to Tiny Knight to defend there Knightly Honour. The pressure feeling very real now, I feel sick! Why leave a hard one till last dammit, He's a two boss battle basically

I DID IT, holy shit that was lucky.

I run through the massacre and into the next level worrying what's next, Instead it unlocks another level.

TOWER OF FATE! This is it, The end is nigh!

Days of avoiding my 3DS, finally the thought of playing pokemon becomes a reality once again.

Greatest and Hardest achievement in gaming as of yet.

Koi Koi

Caleb.








No comments:

Post a Comment