Saturday 10 January 2015

Shovel Knight 8 - Picking up the pieces from a gyroscopic jester.

Death, Green Lantern style
I try to pick up where I left off, due to the Halo 5 Beta excitement, Slowly eased back in by a death from above, Green Lantern style! (96) 

8.27 am - I swear its's getting earlier, this game being on my mind 24/7.

The thought of beating it scares the shit out of me, but also excites me at the same time.

Do I have the stones to shovel on through to the end, that we will find out.

I pre kill all 3 Green Lanterns's, I'm not having the same thing happen to me again, next part being pure evil, the wind pushes me through the level forcing me to progress at twice the speed I normally would, relying on muscle memory to push the jump button when immediate danger follows as every platform falls away form my feet.

A bunch of Green Lanterns turn up at the scene, as I try to progress by throwing my self at an oncoming cannon ball, I slip and fall to my death. (97) 
I need to ride it like it was a wrecking ball

I don't even manage to bounce on the cannon ball this time, just fall straight to my death once a 'fucking' gain (98) 

This platform falls away from under my feet (99) 

I need some music on to chill me out, Bring me the Horizon it is, a Red Bull quickly follows so I get a mad focus on.

Once again the latter addition of music helps, my heart jumps as I hit checkpoint 4, I saw
myself getting a bit stuck then, that's nothing compared to what the level now brings to the front-line, in the form of turbine platforms, Spiked walls, ceilings, floors and the even adorable propeller mice.

The fan slams on, pushing me down to the lower level, progress lost, but at least I wont be dying as much, just forced to traverse the levels again.

The level claim's that I touched some spike's, I call bullshit and with that comes the big recorded death (100) fucking game, I wonder what the total number of death's is at now.

Red Bull, GO!
My super juice

I use my now super human level's of focus and determination to sprint through, as I climb into what appears to be the top level, I see roof fans and one knight, I think to myself I'll use my beam vision to destroy all I see, then remembering this is a game, not real life.

I use my mind powers to throw the Red Bull can in the bin and get on with it.

I pounce and so does the bastard knight knocking me all the way back to checkpoint 4.

Apparently sniffing spike's also kills you (101)

I jump whilst blowing my war horn, I do this in perfect harmony of man and oversized horn, That's that knight dealt with , as I float to the bottom I worry through each section of level that he will just re-spawn at the top again when I start my climb back.

Fist bump
When I get there I'm lucky, the war horn completely blew him to pieces thus destroying his ability to re-spawn, I claim the hidden chest he was guarding, the treasure a welcome addition to the ever growing bank balance, as I walk out the level I pump fists with my brodem checkpoint 5.

Picture this, jellyfish, roof spikes, no floors and an highly aggressive wind current carrying my heavy ass along, I fucking hate this game.


I'm hugely surprised I got this far to be honest, I know its all down to this blog keeping my drive going forward, Normal Caleb would have claimed the game broken 5 death's in and never played it again .......BANG!

Normal Caleb
I drop my 3DS but alls okay as the powers still on, If it had  switched off 5 checkpoints in I would have seriously lost my shit, only to then find it and lose it all over my 3DS.

I figure this puzzle out to late and eat spike salad, roof spike salad (102)

It's a giant puzzle I have to glide through as the wind changes direction, so does McShovel's, the ever popular extremly hard checkpoint 5-6 vibe kicks in, I get through the first area, area 2 causing me trouble.

I die for no reason (103) and again (104) my cool has definitely gone today, I'm finding it stressful and hard.

(105) I need to time my jump, letting the wind carry me to safety.I run straight to my death.(106), (107), (108), (109) 

(110), I continue adventuring only to have the wind push my now squishy brain into spikes (111) 
I get further than before, panic dying in the process.
Evil Jellyfish

I make it through as I always do in my stories, the Hero never truly dying, only to see what one can only describe as living hell cruisung across the bottom of my screen, cannon balls evenly timed, flying in a frustrating line, jelly fish tormenting me as they fly above.

My guess is to shovel drop across them, bashing the jelly fish above, then running safely into the arms of checkpoint 6.

I jump to my death (112)

I make it second time and that's checkpoint 6, I could cry this morning.

"Get down here and face me, you gyroscopic jester"Propeller Knight
This is going to be an absolutely elemental bro down, air-bender style (113), he fucks me up.

He's wearing a propeller hat, super cute! (114), (115) 
Gyroscopic Jester Knight

He's now throwing me around like a cat would its kill (116)

The hole this dick smashed in the floor claimed my last 4 live's, I'm growing wiser to his patterns of attack, I remind him of this fact by smashing his propeller hat to pieces, claiming 3000 man purse coins and a rather pleasant dream about catching Shield Knight once more.

I save her this time, waking by the fire as I do. I find another meal ticket by the fire and thats max health for me, 10 orbs!

Next place to adventure , THE TOWER OF FATE, end game perhaps?

133 Total Deaths and 10.25:42 Play Time

I celebrate buying the wickedly named propeller dagger





No comments:

Post a Comment